Today I had the task of 3D designing and 3d printing a spool that mounts on the end of a motor then winds up a string that winds up a string that extends and puts the cap ball on the vortex.  I had an original design that would have frayed the rope because of the way that it would have been mounted to the motor hub. i ended up fixing it bu having 4 shafts for screws to go through. this worked out well and I 3d printed it and it came out well but it was extremely adhered to the print bead.  our mentor tried to get the part off but we ended up cracking the glass heated print bead, witch we will need to replace soon.

spool